Eastbound I-580 In Oakland Re-opens After Shooting Investigation

OAKLAND (CBS SF) — CHP warned drivers to expect delays after a shooting on eastbound I-580 near Lakeshore Avenue led investigators to shut down the freeway in that direction for about 50 minutes Monday afternoon.

CHP first reported the shooting with a tweet shortly before 3 p.m. A later tweet included a photo that showed no cars on a stretch of eastbound I-580 near the closure


The closure made for a massive traffic jam in the eastbound direction as CHP funneled drivers off the freeway at Lakeshore Avenue.

No a Video

Authorities stated that there were no injuries in the shooting. CHP tweeted that the eastbound lanes were reopened at about 3:40 p.m.

Another shooting on I-580 a few miles away near the Fruitvale Avenue exit late last month left two people injured and led to a closure of eastbound lanes for almost two hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEWS-After returning Dapchi girls, Boko Haram kills five in Niger

Best Laptops for proggramming 2020

How to Add Facebook Mobile Comment Box to your Blogger Mobile View