[HOT NEWS] I didn’t purchase my official residence illegally - David Mark


Immediate past Senate President, Senator David Mark has described accusations by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that he purchased his Apo Residential House illegally as ‘baseless.’
Mark in a statement by his media aide, Paul Mumeh said the EFCC or any other agent of government are chasing shadows because the property was dully offered for sale, bided for, and he purchased like any other person would in line with Federal Government’s Monetization Policy.
“I had the right of first refusal. Even if I did not purchase it, someone else would have. I am a law-abiding citizen. I did not flout any law.
“Curiously, four houses occupied by the then Presiding Officers of National Assembly were offered to the occupants. All of us, me as the then President of the Senate, Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu, the then Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole and his Deputy Bayero Nafada were all given the same offer.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEWS-After returning Dapchi girls, Boko Haram kills five in Niger

Best Laptops for proggramming 2020

(RECENT) Military Court Martial Sentences Soldier To Death