I Couldn’t Talk About Being Molested Till I Was 21 – Lolu

Lolu of Big Brother Naija


Lolu of the Big Brother Naija 2018 edition has shared a hidden secret that 
he was molested at the age of five by a housemaid hired by his mother.
The housemate revealed this while having a conversation with big brother
during his diary session on Monday. Lolu said he had to deal with the 
shame and never told anyone about it until he turned 21.
Lolu said “I was molested at the age of 5 by my housemaid. I didn’t inform my
 mother at that time because she had challenges and was trying to keep the family.
“The maid would subject me to a lot of punishment and if I refuse, I had 
consequences which I cannot discuss on national TV because it is too graphic.
“I finally told my younger sister about it when I turned 21.
“I’m saying this because I want people who have gone through this kind of assault 
to talk about it. The right thing to do is speak about it.
“Most people don’t know they have the right not to let such things affect them
 negatively or positively.
“Even though I’ve come to terms with it, I remember the incident sometimes.
“I have sought therapy sometimes, but I am not ashamed or sad about it. 
I have dealt with it for the past 24 years


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEWS-After returning Dapchi girls, Boko Haram kills five in Niger

Best Laptops for proggramming 2020

How to Add Facebook Mobile Comment Box to your Blogger Mobile View